Friday, October 10, 2008
Mexico vs. Honduras
The game between Mexico and Honduras was a fun game held in the historic Estadio Azteca. The same Estadio Azteca where Argentine legend Diego Maradona scored the infamous "Hand of God" goal and where he also ran past and juked like 5 or 6 English players from mid-field to score one of the best goals ever. It was a fun game that saw the Mexican side control most of the game but still found themselves losing 1-0 (one-nil as the Enlglish would say) on a beautiful shot scored off a free kick by the HondureƱos. The score remained that way until the mid-second half and than Pavel Pardo saved the day for the Mexican side scoring off a free kick and then off a rebound where he honestly kicked a laser of a shot to put the Mexicans up for good. The Honduran side played tough and almost completed the nearly impossible, which is beat Mexico in Estadio Azteca. A place where they have only lost once in eliminatory games. Overall, it was a lot of fun and here are some pictures and I'll try to load video later. Enjoy!
(Pre-game introductory ceremonies)
(Aldo and Nicho)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I'm so glad I found your blog. Seems like a large percentage of the blogs I happen upon are from the Spanish or Hispanic world, but I can't read them. I'll be back.
I haven't seen a post from you for awhile. Hope everything is going okay in your life.
Whoa, now I haven't seen a post from you in a really long while.
Post a Comment